Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Gets Honda Factory Performance Package

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

image2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Gets Honda Factory Performance Package

The 2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 gets a new Honda Factory Performance package priced at $4,620.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Not worth 5k for a cosmetic improvement. If the "performance" package included some mods to increase performance, than it would be worth it. Exhaust, intake, etc...
  • engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    It is difficult for me to take this performance package seriously without a helical limited slip differential to address torque steer and understeer. A helical LSD is standard on the Civic Si. It should be made available on the Accord Coupe V-6 also.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Ducts around rear reflectors should help dissipate heat from tailgating high beams
  • snaab92snaab92 Member Posts: 8
    Total rip off! Are you kidding me? This puts the Accord at $35,760! Then you have to get the stuff installed which would bring it over $36,000. That is serious money.

I would do my own sport suspension and when the stock tires wear out get something more performance related and call it a day!
  • max_stirlingmax_stirling Member Posts: 4
    A $4600 performance package needs a significant power increase. This package has no power increase. I understand that power increases might need be federalized or recertified or something extra from the Feds, but this is not a serious option.

I like the Accord. It is a very good everyday driver with with a little sportiness, but this is just a half assed attempt to be something it is not and Honda wonders why passionate consumers are leaving the brand in droves.
  • enbeuuenbeuu Member Posts: 4
    This is a cosmetic package: the compression ratio is 10:1 and uses regular gasoline; I drove one today at Honda and I'll wait until the Acura is released with the hot 11.5:1 compression; it'll use premium if it is and that's the engine that is in the TL now.
  • enbeuuenbeuu Member Posts: 4
    I drove 17 miles one way this afternoon to try the Cpe V-6 and it is decidedly under powered; I'm on the list when they get their allocation and if it is a 11.5:1 compression ratio and requires premium gas...then I'll know it's a real hot car; if not keep it. and thanks for the review. and I'm just driving the TL tech with no special anything; it's the best Acura TL I've ever owned.
  • enbeuu1enbeuu1 Member Posts: 6
    With all respect; this engine is the 10:1 that will take regular gas; if they put the hotter 11.5:1 compression V-6 they use in the Acura tech...then I'll buy one; no need to drive a car that's under powered from the beginning; as I said, I drove 34 miles today to see if the Cpe V-6 had the higher compression ratio pistons and cylinders; It didn't feel like it did; then I read that the compression ratio is down and the car uses regular gasoline: conclusion is it not the higher horsed engine.
  • enbeuu1enbeuu1 Member Posts: 6
    The engine is not the high compression cylinders and detonation timing.
    It's a V-6 but not the performance V-6. Acura RL and TLs have 11.2: 1 compression cylinders and take premium fuel.