Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

There, I fixed it. Silencing the horn when you lock the car.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm impressed that there's such a lucid menu in the UI. In every car I've owned, it's been an arcane combination of button-presses on the key fob or a setting that only the dealer can change.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    More than once my truck has come back from the dealer with the horn re-enabled. I don't know if it was due to a PCM update or just some kind of twisted policy. Either way I have to do the secret handshake while standing on one leg to get the damned thing off again.
  • dby2012dby2012 Member Posts: 19
    Every Chrysler I have had (from 1995 to 2013) used the horn to signal when the car locks. That is nothing new.
  • mrh1965mrh1965 Member Posts: 6
    A friend had a Patriot that blared the horn -- loudly -- when locking. I never could figure out how to turn it off. Funny though, I was at her apartment once when she went to run an errand while me and her cats stayed behind. A while later she comes back and locks the car, which I could hear from the apartment. And so could the cats, who gathered by the front door and waited for her to appear. They weren't so dumb after all.