Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Judging from the last post before IL went dark, this car is not only a total rip, but a scream. Whatever happened to the belt squeal?
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    I don't think of 140k miles as a very big deal. My Acura TL has 240k miles on it and it's still running smooth, although it does need a new cat which will be an issue in about 1.5 years when it goes in for the smog test. I'm even on the original transmission.
  • doss1doss1 Posts: 4
    And, what ever happen to the to the videos and photos of the hot lapping around the track?
  • So.....what happened with the squealing belt(s)?
  • if i was able to see comments first, I guess I would not have asked the same question as fordson1.
  • I'd like to know when the new engine is going to be put in...seems like it's been a while with no news on that front.