Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

A review of the air condition system in our long-term 2014 Kia Forte.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    um... your picture shows you are not in recirculate (max a/c) mode. there is part of your problem.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    2014 kia forte owner's manual (canadian) section 4-115: "Operating the air conditioning system in the recirculated air position provides
    maximum cooling, however, continual operation in this mode may cause the air inside the vehicle to become stale."
  • seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    @ s197gt, they have a valid criticism. Recirculation mode should only be necessary briefly, on a very hot or hot and humid day after the car has been sitting for a while. Any modern car should be able to be comfortably cooled by normal A/C in a few minu
  • dany79dany79 Member Posts: 1
    Hmmm.. my AC works great. But mine does not have the technology package, so it's not the dual zone or digital, just the standard.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    My girlfriend's Sonata has really strong A/C. It takes a minute for the variable rate compressor to go to 100% output if it's been sitting a while but once there the vent temp is in the 30's on max. I find use of the max recirculate setting on auto temp systems varies by make and programming. My Acura uses recirculate most of the time on hot sunny days and even for a while on hot nights. But I also notice it prefers to use the lowest possible fan setting and max a/c to maintain temperature. My friends GMC Acadia, is the opposite. It only chooses recirc on very hot days and will switch back to fresh air as the interior cools down. But it also blasts the fan on high speed most of the time on those hot days to maintain the set temperature.