Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Lexus GS 350 lived up to its EPA highway fuel economy claims during our Austin road trip, and its in-car mpg gauge didn't exaggerate.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I've noticed the same thing with my 2010 VW Jetta TDI. Every tank my calculated mpg is higher than what the computer estimates. I was surprised that a car whose main selling point is exceptional mpg would have a MPG gauge that under estimates on every tank. Personally I prefer it to guess low instead of high.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    I use a Scangauge, and it can be calibrated based on what you calculate at the pump. Over the course of one year I found that my fuel consumption is +5.7% over the Scangauge's assumption for my engine size, so that is where I set it and leave it. With variations in fills I could be +/-5% for an individual tank, but the long term average is accurate. The neat thing is the ability to calibrate the gauge, which you can't do with an in-dash display.