Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep

image2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Sometimes the way we feel while we're driving a car isn't exactly how we're perceived. Do I think I'm positioned well when other motorists feel like I'm intruding on their road space?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Interesting, I've actually driven a slightly older Unlimited and thought it drove pretty small. Travis, do you have much experience driving lifted or large vehicles?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    If the wheels protrude beyond the body work then the car is illegal as defined in the DOT regs.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    If the wheels protrude beyond the body work then the car is illegal as defined in the DOT regs.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @agentorange: This is true, but have you ever seen enforcement of that regulation? I have not. I have seen some more responsible guy/gals use semi-truck mudflaps on their rigs though.
  • Options
    rubiconfreedomrubiconfreedom Member Posts: 6
    You're in the correct lane. We get this all the time. Apparently we don't drive fast enough for those following, thus they pass on the right as your image indicates. They figure there's enough room for a lane there, so they use it as such. In order to curb this, Baltimore, Maryland has painted new Bicycle lanes in that larger empty slot to your right. But still drivers pass on the right.