Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

On our last day in Yosemite National Park, we drive our 2013 Ford Focus ST at 10,000 feet and even see some snow.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I won't evenbother to look up the load limit, but that seems pushing it--however I am very impressed it kept up with that load and returned decent mileage. doesn't look very comfy, though!
  • Options
    homer281homer281 Member Posts: 16
    I guess everyone's definition of a decent road trip car is different. I've taken my 2010 MX-5 on several week-long 1000+ mile road trips. Long freeway stretches with the top-up aren't great, but it's all worth it when you find that twisty road or coastline highway.

A car like the Focus ST appeals to me because I see it as much more practical than the Miata, but still a joy to drive on the right roads when I finally get to my destination.

Would a giant sedan or SUV really be a better road trip car if you were comfortable but never "loved" driving it?

Of course, the destination always matters. If I'm going to Vegas I don't want to take a Miata, anywhere in the Mountains or Northern California I do.
  • Options
    homer281homer281 Member Posts: 16
    Great pictures BTW! I love the contrast of the Focus Yellow with the beautiful Yosemite backdrop
  • Options
    habaneroehabaneroe Member Posts: 1
    I'm enjoying these articles because I just finished my own I year test of the '13 SE hatch. As attractive as the ST is to me I commute a lot and my cushier ride and far superior MPG make me not regret the choice. I average 34mpg with my manual and get over 40 on the freeway in some conditions, but I don't have as heavy a foot of course. The cargo cover btw can be removed, flipped upside down, and laid on the cargo floor and does not get in the way that much.