Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Buick LaCrosse Full Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Buick

image2014 Buick LaCrosse Full Test

Edmunds drives the refreshed 2014 Buick LaCrosse. Includes driving impressions, instrumented test data, photos, specs and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "...when a comparably equipped 2013 Toyota Avalon, which is as nice inside, will cost you less at the dealer and at the gas pump." I cannot find a test of the current Avalon on your site, so I don't see how this comment on gas mileage holds water. Until you have an observed number on the Avalon, you cannot make a comparison. Don't bother quoting the BS EPA numbers because I'm not interested. As for this car, rocker switch manual override for the gearbox = fail. Ford do the same thing and I hate it in their cars, too.
  • Options
    zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    Seeing this car just makes me lament the fact that GM picked Buick over Pontiac. B O R I N G ! ! !
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    The previous model was attractive, affordable and solid comp for the ES, now this refresh made it look early 2000's Buick, with no real bump in performance of fuel economy. Yes the interior is nice, but I would prefer even the dated Maxima over this car.

For a yr the LaCross was considered a better buy than the ES, and now it's back to square one only a few years later. Sorry GM, but this is a fail. At least the Regal GS is finally going to get AWD for 2015.
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @ zoomzoomn- I agree. Pontiac finally had a car in the G8 which people took notice, a GTO that probably would have had a redesign, and even the Vibe was a better looking re-badge over the Matrix. However, Buick and it's older market lived on.
  • Options
    ls7505ls7505 Member Posts: 7
    The other difference between the Impala and LaX is that the Buick has a more expensive and superior suspension. It has the Hi-Per strut front (eliminating torque steer) and H-arm rear with electronically adjustable continuously variable shocks and a sport mode which firms up both the steering and dampening. The Impala has conventional dampers, a more basic 4 link rear and standard MacPherson strut front.
  • Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    The test vehicle stickers for the same as a fully loaded Avalon Hybrid Limited that, even with batteries, has a larger trunk than the Buick. I'll take the Avalon Hybrid.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @bankerdanny who wrote "@agentornage:http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/avalon/2013/#fullreview" Yes, I am aware of that article and all it does it parrot the useless EPA numbers. As I said before, I want to see what Edmunds get from it driving in th
  • Options
    bizzle1bizzle1 Member Posts: 0
    This new Buick LaCrosse has incredible road presence. Wow. I love this car. It looks good. Lexus ES got nothing on the LaCrosse...
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I wonder how it is the LaCrosse lost so much trunk space to its competition and even platform-mates.