Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford Mustant to Get Four Cylinder Engine But for Europe Only

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2015 Ford Mustant to Get Four Cylinder Engine But for Europe Only

Car News from Edmunds keeps car buyers and owners informed of the latest automotive news, events and recalls.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• pickypunditpickypundit Member Posts: 3
    I do not feel that Ford offering a 300 BHP engine in the Euro market-only 2014 Mustang is a good idea. A small six might be better as it is a 'niche' model, potential customers may well be expected to pay more for a six, even still, other customers may not be phased by the extra cost of an eight for this type of car. in addition, bumping up the power from 252 to around 300 in a motor that has not been marketed before with that boosted output is a risk for Ford. It, IMHO, be different if Ford had the marketing and production expertise or either Subaru or Mitsubishi, both car makers who had had cars on the market for several years with power plants with similar high outputs, but with proven durability.
  • ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    @picky: In the last ten years when has any newly minted car engine had a major failure? None that I can remember. I would think that Ford would have other uses for the 2.3 turbo-- like putting it into the Escape or a top of the line Fusion Sport. At 3
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The UK Top Gear guys have already said that Ford can take their 4-banger Mustang and shove it where the Sun does not shine. The whole point of buying a Mustang in Europe is to get something different with a 6 or an 8. I know that Ford are looking for volume and in Europe that means 4-cylinder engines, but in a Mustang? Get help, Ford.
  • lancelinklancelink Member Posts: 1
    I think the Mustang should be the same on both sides of the pond. I was excited that something like an SVO was going to be offered again. But, I am a Foxbody Mustang guy.