Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Tried the adaptive cruise control in our long-term 2013 Cadillac ATS. It's great on the open road but not so much in traffic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rmhpmirmhpmi Posts: 37
    While I have never driven a vehicle equipped with ACC, I have wondered how this "gap control" worked. Do other manufacturers offer better calibrated versions that allow tailgating and prevention of the pass-on-the-right-then-cut-you-off fidiots?
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    As soon as I saw this picture showing MLB At Bat streaming the Angels vs Yankees I knew this was an Erin post :-). I love MLB At Bat too.
  • rmhpmi. Clarkson described the close following distance on the Jag XJ as "the full Audi". If you ever travel on a British motorway when the sales reps are loose you will see what he means.;) "....so short-sighted and/or opportunistic drivers frequently come up on your right and dart into the left lane." Oh yes, it is such sport to gang up with other SUV and van owners trap them behind the trucks. My late wife was from SoCal and trained me well.
  • You choose to tailgate other motorists, because the car doesn't do a sufficient job of it? I hope you realize that legally you have to leave enough space for a car to pass you otherwise you are following to closely.
  • camsencamsen Posts: 15
    If people are passing you on the right, you should move over to the right and let them pass. You're in the wrong lane. Meanwhile, turn off the idiot driver aids and pay attention to what you're doing.

Agentorange, you and your wife sound like horribly rude people.

On the northern southern California trip, I save about an hour of travel by driving around two kinds of people: 1. Morons who think that passing should be done in slow motion. 2. Morons who relax and block traffic while driving behind morons who think that passing should be done in slow motion.

As a result, trucks almost never pull in front of me like they do in front of the slow people.