Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

What Are Certified Used Vehicles?

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 9,975
edited September 2014 in General

imageWhat Are Certified Used Vehicles?

Understanding benefits of certified pre-owned vehicle

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Don't waste your money, I purchased a certified car and had it for 2 years in which over $3 thousand dollars of repairs were made. The dealer tried to have me pay for most of it becasuse over $2 thousand were found 2 months before the warrenty ran out. The teck did not look at the warrenty close and thought the warrenty had run out until I showed him.
  • Agreed LINCOLN DOES NOT BACK THE CPO program. My Great Grandfather had one of the first Ford dealerships in this country and I am ashamed of how Lincoln can sell a CPO vehicle and then not back it AT ALL.
  • I purchased a 2016 Factory Certified Silverado in July 2016 for $32k OTD, new it would have cost $38k at best, and I have an extended warranty on top of the factory warranty. I had warranty work done on it this year where the driver side of the truck sat lower by 1" than the passenger side. I took it to a dealership (not the same one I purchased the Silverado from) they gave me a loaner, and after 6 days my truck was fixed at no cost to me.So I'm a believer in Factory Certified vehicles. I see no reason to purchase new unless you just need a new.