Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Scion FR-S tests new handling modifications at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    JK a well written article. Can't wait to see what boosting this car will do for the driving experience--I bet you have a ball
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    2° of negative camber is a lot on a road car and will eventually trash the tyres. The price that must be paid, I guess. As for the 911 driver getting confused by your braking, he/she needs to STFU and get on with driving their car.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Nice post - much appreciated. BTW, why can't the 911 just pass the BRZ already?!
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Heh, 911 passing at turn 11 makes me think of that silly go-pro commercial where supposedly the CEO of Go-Pro makes a dive-bomb late braking move into turn 11 on two cars that were a mile ahead of him at yet mysteriously started braking somewhere oh around the access road just at turn 10 exit. How heroic.
  • Options
    bthayer23bthayer23 Member Posts: 4
    Why did you choose CT brakes over something less ceramic? In my experience, once they're overheated, they take a while to come back. PFC01s or Hawk DTCs might deal with the heat better, though brake ducts would be a better solution overall.
  • Options
    subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    Good stuff, Jay! Have you ever tried Ferodo DS2500 pads for combined street/track use? They're pricey, but I've liked every set I've used.
  • Options
    Love the top photo! Is that hitting the apex in turn 5 or 2 (I ruled out 6 and 9 because of the curbing on the other side of the track seems to close to be those turns)?
  • Options
    too close*

Editing functionality please come back. K thx bye.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Based on the camber I'm thinking turn 5.