Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Scion FR-S and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    I rarely use armrests, but thats just me. Or, I'd just crush whatever is in the storage with my arms, not too uncomfy.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Real driver's cars don't have armrests!

Let the flame war begin.

[ducks behind cover]
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Sliding center storage armrest... like the one in the Civic (http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2013/civic-si-sedan/interior-gallery/gal_lg1.jpg). It's out of the way but it's also pretty versatile.

I mean it's pretty clear by now that the Toyobaru has a sort of spartan interior- the way they have the center console laid out is meant to be simple and cheap... the engineers ain't got no time for no armrest!
  • Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Aftermarket armrest looks great!
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I'm sorry - can I just ask why you would need to get your garage door opener out of your purse and stash it in the console while driving? If this car does not have keyless, then would not your keys be in the ignition, and if it does, just leave them in your purse? Phone - didn't we all insist on Bluetooth so that we could just leave our phones in our pockets, holsters, purses - wherever it is we keep them - and just use them hands-free? My car has keyless and my Bluetooth phone is paired with my car, and I cannot figure for the life of me why I would want my keys and my phone sitting in my console cubbies.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Not to double-post, but that is just about the worst cupholder placement I have ever seen. How do you access your drink without taking your elbow out of joint, especially with those prominent shoulder bolsters?
  • Options
    danmondadanmonda Member Posts: 5
    i bought an after market armest for my BRZ and it looks like a factory option! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=966559140799&set=o.7266775915&type=1&theater
  • Options
    kumat63kumat63 Member Posts: 1
    I've found in my FR-S that resting my arm on the inside of the console, so that my forearm is resting on the handbrake is actually quite comfortable. It's hard plastic, but fits my arm nicely....

Kevin