Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Tesla Model S is dark blue, and although it's not a bad color, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    Were it not for that horizontal chrome strip beneath the doors (the battery peeking through?), this car would look great in ANY color.

But that chrome strip really ruins the profile of cars in silver and white for me, as it makes the rocker panels look unresolved - à la the Volt.

So, as long as that strip remains, I'd say the best colors for this car are, in no particular order, dolphin grey, or the metallic red or brown.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Personally, the more color on the road the better. I'm tired of a tide of black/white/silver/toupe vehicles as far as the eye can see.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Definitely in grey, but not with those white wheels. I really like seeing other people's cars in more vibrant colors though, just not mine. I'm just a very understated kind of guy.
  • Options
    drcomputerdrcomputer Member Posts: 82
    I'm partial to my Signature Red one :) It's an adult red. Classy yet sexy.
  • Options
    evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    I've really liked the way it looks in white the few times I've seen it. The one red one I saw, eh, it doesn't do it for me. I saw a pinkish purple one last month, that was pretty gross.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I think the Model S looks sharpest in white or black. White, if you're headed to a golf outing at the country club. Black, if you're headed for a wild evening at the night club. Either way, the Model S in those colors exudes class and exclusivity in a way that few other cars can. I've lost count of how many Model S encounters I've had (30-50-ish), but white and black are the two sharpest looking colors on this car.
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    white on most other cars is very boring but i think white is its best hue.
  • Options
    bibdittybibditty Member Posts: 4
    The best color for any Tesla is a "on the side of the road charred and burned to a crisp Black"
  • Options
    foxgtrfoxgtr Member Posts: 4
    Saw one in every color at our local National Plug In Day. I have to admit, the Dark Green was one of my favorites. The Dark Blue was a close second. They just look awesome in the darker colors.
  • Options
    tecnamtwintecnamtwin Member Posts: 5
    Definitely the British Racing Green.
  • Options
    temoore_temoore_ Member Posts: 10
    I've ordered with green metallic exterior and tan interior. This has always been a favorite combination, especially on a Jaguar, and I like the dark Tesla green.
  • Options
    morrisg2_morrisg2_ Member Posts: 4
    Tesla multi-coat red. Just seems like the best color for lots of sunshine. And you might as well flaunt it since you have the wherewithal to purchase a car for $100k!
  • Options
    longhorn1992longhorn1992 Member Posts: 2
    Considered metallic blue with tan or black interior, but went for black on black and love it! That being said, I've seen them in several colors, and they all look stunning.