Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 doesn't have the Max Trailering package, but 9,800 pounds is more than enough to tow small cars.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    An auto trailer really weighs 2210 lbs.?
    I got a kick out of the 7,000 miles only driven on weekends line. When I see "drag" cars on the televised auctions, knowing those miles were accumulated 1/4 mile at a time.....
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    That Spark & 500 look like roller skates behind that thing. I never thought I'd be able to say"The Miata is the largest car of the group", and not be joking.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Adult-owned, never been raced, low mileage.
    Classic phrases from motor vehicle circles.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @noburgers U-Haul trailers are usually a good bit heavier then the trailers you see other people towing but they are commercial rental trailers so its understandable that they built to a heavier standard then your light duty car haulers like what the Miat
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    @hybris I learned something new today. Yep, U-Haul website says this about the tow vehicle:
    Must weigh at least 3,500 lbs. (curb weight), and must equal or exceed 80% of the combined weight of the trailer (2,210 lbs.) and the vehicle being towed (up to