Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

The story of our road trip to New York in our 2013 Porsche 911 continues, with a night drive over U.S. 50's Monarch Pass in snow and subfreezing temperatures.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Erin, you are a Road Warrior!!
  • usa1fan_usa1fan_ Member Posts: 19
    I want one..

But I don't want to pay for it, or the upkeep costs that come with it. Not that it matters, I can't afford one anyway. :P

Great post, Erin. Gives us dreamers something cool to read.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    i'm confused why you'd go off i70 at night during snow.

seems like a waste to take a nice drive at night, when the conditions are also bad.
  • ptmwxptmwx Member Posts: 2
    FYI, Colorado has 53 14'ers, not 25.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ opfreak: Because I already had a reservation at the motel in Salida which is on U.S. 50, and I was past the free cancellation window.

@ ptmwx: Geez, really 53? What a neat state.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    It IS nice to have that reservation made when you're counting on finding a bed at the end of a long day of driving (especially when you're not feeling great - cue the major foreshadowing music...), but then you are kind of locked in. I'm in agreement...I'll always make the reservation and then make sure I'm there.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Snow tires really do add to your confidence when driving in snow. 10x better than all-seasons, and 100x better than three-season. I don't see myself ever going back to just one set of year-round tires.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    thanks erin for that update.

I' just made two drives in CO. one a month ago from Denver to steamboat. I had 80 miles at midnight (1amhome time) with a rented flex, with zero visibility. and if I wasn't skiing the next day, and like you, a hotel reserved. I would have stayed overnight closer to Denver/i70.

especially after seeing the road on the way back, some of those spots would have resulted in death, and probably not being found for a few days.

the trip for that short length took about 4 hours. And I cannot believe how awake I was