Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Scion FR-S and learns that it responds well to cold air and high octane.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Posts: 827
    Probably not much of a power gain, but the extra $5 it cost to fill up with 93 is worth in my opinion to get a more willing engine. Sounds like you think so too.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Probably the 93 is worth 4-5 hp peak, but gains at all rpm. The cold - probably the same or a bit less.

Interesting to see how the Carerra does with it. There are a whole bunch of places in SoCal where you can buy higher octane fuels.
  • cotakcotak Posts: 89
    "Butt Dyno" nuff said.
  • fortstringfortstring Posts: 111
    Sexy [non-permissible content removed], man.
  • huybuihuybui Posts: 0
    did it eliminate the flat spot in the mid range?
  • henry4hirehenry4hire Posts: 106
    I bought a Lucas Octane booster and it felt like it helped a little bit. I am sure it brought it close to the 93 octane found outside California. I know there is a Unocal 76 in Pasadena that sells 100 Octane racing gas for like $8 a gallon. Naturally on anything other than a racecar, that stuff is worthless.