2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

What I learned on my road trip to Big Bear Lake in our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Sounds like a prefect vehicle for those with a large family. Definitely better than a Suburban/Tahoe/Expedition for most. I'm really not sure why it needs paddle shifters though. Is it because you just like shifting? Because I do too, but 98% of Americans don't. If not, is it because the transmission isn't always in the best gear? If so, number 11 should be something about that.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Very well put, quadricycle.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I've driven up to Big Bear a number of times, and I'm guessing the reason for wanting paddle shifters is that the grade changes often enough, combined with traffic and curves, that you'll often want to select a different gear based on what you see ahead than what the computer thinks based on what it knows is happening now. However in those cases I usually think any form of manual selection on the shifter, even GM's toggle button, will do just fine. I only see a need for paddles behind the wheel on true performance cars.