Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Checking out a distinct lack of space inside the storage compartments of Edmunds.com's 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI long-term road test.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• mazeronimazeroni Member Posts: 5
    The GTI, as you probably know, is the same way. In fact it's even smaller. All i can keep inside is my registration and insurance card. Add the Ipod connector or aux cable and it goes to near zero volume. The armrest is really nice (it has 2 height settings) but storage for niceties is abysmal. I will credit VW for adding an air vent in the glove box.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I wonder what's going on in there that the console is so small. Sometimes the space is needed for rear seat climate control. For example, the departed Mazda CX-7 had a huge center console that could swallow a laptop. Move up the CX-9 and you lose most of that space to the rear seat climate system.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    We've been over this before...dude, guys have pockets. That's where you put your keys, and leave them there (car has keyless). That's where you put your phone (car has Bluetooth), that's where you put your wallet, which contains your swipe-card for office access. There is an overhead bin just for sunglasses, unless of course you just have to jam them in with other items where they can get scratched). That leaves plenty of room in the console for your gate-opener and access card for the garage. Honestly, why do I need quick and easy access to my house keys while I'm driving a car - really? Maybe I should put some tooth floss in there too?
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    It is small, but if they shrunk it to accommodate the new-for-13 rear air vents it was well worth it. I simply wish they had one gap or loop for a cord where you could use the charger underneath but have the phone/ipod/whatever outside the console. And there still is the neat storage bin on the left underside of the dash. All the things you mentioned could go in there, and far more conveniently than under a console. BTW, love the sliding cushion on the console.