Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Two e-mails and a phone call followed our recent service visit. Is it overkill?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Considering the amount of times that I've heard or read "I'm never buying (x brand) ever again based on (x dealership) experience", I'm really not surprised. I do agree with you though Carroll, all I want from the dealership is a professional attitude towards me and my vehicle. That's perfect in my book.
  • gtiguy3gtiguy3 Member Posts: 12
    ^^ And yet this is a terrifyingly infrequent thing to receive.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    When I had a lemon Honda, the car was only half the problem - the dealer was awful, and is a prime reason I won't own a Honda for a long time. There hasn't been much to criticize on this Forte, and I think if the dealer is being luvvy-duvvy it's hard to fault them. It could be one reason why Kia's fortunes are rising. I hope the dealer sings the same tune if you ever have a problem with the car.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    In my experience, the amount of effort a dealer puts in to telling me that it is really important that I rate them as excellent in every category is inversely proportional into how much effort they put into making sure the service really is excellent. To be fair this dealer seemed like they did a fine job on the service itself.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Most of the dealerships I have dealt with in the past when getting service on a company car made me feel like I should be prepared to knife fight half the staff if I even make one comment any comment on the service. I can understand that these people have to deal with idiots all day and hear a lot of whining but at least be open to taking a complement in the first place.
  • ultimgrocgettrultimgrocgettr Member Posts: 13
    I just noticed the dealer is on Studebaker Rd...meaning there was probably a Studebaker dealer or facility on that road and the community of Cerritos doesn't feel the need to update a street name based on a business.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I also understand their desire to be highly rated, at least in the eyes of the manufacturer, but sometimes the phone calls and email surveys begin to be a waste of my time.
  • stevej2001stevej2001 Member Posts: 10
    BMW is notorious for this nonsense. A year or so ago I took my 535i in for an oil change on my dime (actually a lot of dimes!) as I don't trust the infrequent changes covered by the maintenance plan. It took a bit longer than promised and they forgot to tell me it was done. The receptionist was more interested in talking on her cell and snapping her gum than telling me my car was ready.

So I rated them less than a '10.' The service adviser called me up to complain that this sort of reply was costing him big bucks and even possibly his job. He wasn't actually at fault but he got the blame.

Now I get emails after service saying that it the service was less than a '10' to call them.

It's ridiculous really. The questionnaires really don't mean anything in this context.