-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2014 Geneva Auto Show: 2016 BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 Geneva Auto Show: 2016 BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (FAQ)

The 2016 BMW 2 Series Active Tourer is an all-new luxury compact crossover that will arrive at dealerships sometime in 2016.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sp1sp1 Member Posts: 1
    Really, BMW??? You go through all the trouble of separating the sedans from the coupes with a new naming scheme, and then you come up with a Toyota Vibe lookalike and label it a 2-series??? You may think there's logic and purpose behind your decision, but to the rest of us it seems foolish and idiotic.

And why not spin off a new separate brand for FWD 4-cyl cars like this, and stop watering down the luxury sport brand BMW has been known for. If I want something boring and underpowered and non-dynamic, I'll turn to something else like a Lexus or Acura.
  • Options
    marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    BMW's version of a Kia Rondo. At least it isn't a minivan.
  • Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    BMW GTI
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Ha, ha, nice 'Shop job, Edmunds. Putting a BMW grille and badge on a Toyota mini-minivan. Too bad you're 4 weeks too early.
  • Options
    300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    I thought same as marcos9, with a different grille this could be the new Kia Rondo. But interior is nice, looks like a real BMW inside. I prefer the dash design to the new 3/4 series, which has a few too many head-scratcher design elements. I don't know if BMW badge chasers will see this as a real BMW, I think pricing will be crucial.
  • Options
    javatomjavatom Member Posts: 2
    This thing reminds me, in a conceptual way, of a Cadillac Cimarron. It's just so unattractive, out of place, and overpriced for the segment.