Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

If I were to rank all the Edmunds long-term cars over the years in terms of favorites, the 2013 Subaru BRZ would be in my top five.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I think that is the kind of stamp of approval that would convince me to give it a shot as my daily driver if I didn't have kids and stuff to haul around all the time. I wonder how the insurance companies treat this car for premiums compared to a more aggressive sports car??
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    Give us a sense of your taste-- what else is in your top 5?
  • jhsuosujhsuosu Posts: 1
    @noburgers: Can't answer the question with respect to a "more aggressive sports car." But I can tell you that I recently bought a BRZ to replace a 2004 Acura RSX. The insurance fot the BRZ was just slightly less than it was for the RSX.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    "...would love to own and put in my own garage." If memory serves, doesn't Brent have a wife and two young kids, or one child and a baby? I would have to see him use this car for "daily driving and/or long road trips" to believe it. No offense, but talk is cheap.
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 172
    fordson1, I just sold my 4dr GTI and ordered/bought a 2013 Abarth and I have 3 young kids (10, 8, 5). If you love the car enough, you'll make it work...

FWIW, our "family car" is Ford Flex. :)
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    Due to extenuating circumstances I had to take my infant in the Miata today. She loved it, and all I had to do was turn off the passenger airbag. We have a Taurus wagon for every day family hauling and I can't see why I would need to give up my Miata just because I have a kid. If I had a second kid, I'd consider upgrading to an FR-S/BRZ for the backseat. I consider this a relatively practical car.
  • A word about kids here. It's not just them, but their stuff.

I too have had a hard look at this car, but would likely end up with a hot hatch of some kind.

Two words. Hockey bags.
  • jederinojederino Posts: 0
    Do you find the engine character to improve the involvement factor? How does it compare with the Honda V-tec 2.0 liter engines that enthusiasts love?