Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Kia Forte makes a great first impression, but will it hold up during the second impression and beyond?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "...while none of the three steering settings provide the sort of feedback I'd prefer from a small car." I think you just described most of the electric steering systems available in the US market. This issue is not peculiar to the Forte.
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    It's an EX; there's no SX sedan any more. The coupe and 5-door are supposed to come in SX trim, with the 1.6l GDI turbo.
  • Options
    rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    I feel the same way about my KIA. We bought a 2011 Sportage SX for my wife's daily driver. The feature content was head a shoulders above any similarly priced competition. The feature content was actually better than most over-priced competition. The air cooled driver seat sold my wife on the vehicle and at the time we bought it there was no other small crossover that even offered that as an option at a price we could come close to affording.

After 20,000 miles and almost two years, the vehicles short comings have soured my opinion of KIA. The ride quality, wind noise and reliability problems we have experienced have not made a KIA "fanboy" of us. Just about everyone we know loves the way our Sportage looks and I think KIA definitely has some of the best looking cars on the road at any price but they still have some work to do with their refinement levels.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I had asked in one of the previous posts regarding the Kia's steering whether it adjusted "heft" or actual "feedback", and I think I now have my answer. I think it's pretty silly to offer a 3-setting system when all it does is make the car harder to drive... if you don't have the steering chops, why lie about it? Anyways, this car seems indicative of all Hyundai-Kia cars over the last half decade... all flash and no substance.