Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Acura made the unusual move of downsizing the engine in the redesigned MDX. Turns out, you don't notice a thing.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• banhughbanhugh Posts: 315
    Do you pass out from boredom when driving it or do they have an app for that? How's handling compared to the competition?
  • Didn't they also move to direct injection with the 3.5L? I believe the previous 3.7L did not utilize direct injection hence the low power drop when down sizing the engine.
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    Interesting. I guess the Explorer pretty famously also downsized it's engines but also introduced ecoboost so its not exactly comparable. In the other direction, Mazda introduced the CX-9 in 2007 with a 3.5L V6 but it wasn't until the 2008 replaced that engine with a 3.7L that the car started bringing home awards. This probably wasn't a bad move by Honda/Acura; however, where all the reviews of the previous MDX stressed it's driving performance, that type of praise is pretty absent from the current model.
  • noburgersnoburgers Posts: 500
    great! I wondered when you guys would start posting onthe new addition to the fleet
  • duck87duck87 Posts: 649
    @legacygt:? From Car and Driver's first drive review, the subtitle was "From the producers of the NSX, the most athletic of three-row SUVs. So far."