Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe mpg update for November

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    These numbers are right around what I get with my CX-9. No, I've never hit 25 mpg for a tank but I've never dropped to 14 either. I average 19 mpg with a range from around 16 to 22 and that's over 4 years and about 75K miles. Lots of "me too" vehicles have joined the 3 row CUV class but none of them have been able to really establish themselves as a breakthrough vehicles. Note how the GM Lambdas are from 2006 and the CX-9 is from 2007 and they are still competitive in the segment. I believe that the 3 row CUV that is going to blow open the segment will be the one that can provide comparable utility but with much better efficiency. It wasn't the ecoboost Explorer and it wasn't the CVT Pathfinder/JX. Will it be a diesel Durango? Will it be a Skyactive CX-9? Will Toyota deliver a compelling hybrid Highlander? Will Honda provide a hybrid Pilot that's as great as the hybrid Accord? No way to know. So far nobody's cracked the code but if someone can delivery 25-30 mpg in a 3 row crossover they are going to really stand out in a segment where most of the cars a pretty similar.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    That's minivan gas mileage, which hasn't changed in 25 years. Nothing impressive about that. If this vehicle wasn't driven so much, it would be spending more time in city driving and your fuel economy would be mid-teens.