Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

We just put snow tires on our 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet. Now we're driving it all the way to New York.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    I've done 1000 mile driving days a few times. They're pretty draining. It's harder going east than west, because the timezone changes subtract from your schedule instead of add to it. I haven't (yet) done two days like that back to back, let alone 3 in a row. It's a type of marathon that isn't for most people. Hope you're up for it!
  • sharpendsharpend Posts: 177
    What's the point of spending a ton of money on wheels and tires to drive an SLS AMG or 911 in the snow?

Most Edmunds readers would MUCH rather know how nearly EVERY other car you have in you Long-Term fleet does in winter weather - you know, the weather that most people put up with rather that the spoiled people in sunny Southern California.
  • vvkvvk Posts: 196
    Erin, are you planning on stopping by your old Philly neighborhood? How about organizing a "cars and coffee?"

I have done this trip (and others) several times. It is a lot of fun. Stay safe on the frozen highways, especially in the Rockies. Be sure to take some warm blankets with you. And water.
  • Should be doable, depending on how much you like driving. I did a similar trip in 4 days in a 12 year old Mitsubishi Mirage. It wasn't bad at all.
  • typeshtypesh Santa MonicaPosts: 22
    The first 3 days look fairly aggressive! Reminds me of my drive from LA to NYC a few years back. I did Santa Monica to Las Vegas to Denver to Des Moines to Toledo to NYC. 4.5 days (half day to Vegas, then 4 days from there). Other than a miserable drive through the Rocky mountains in the middle of a snowstorm, was a pretty uneventful drive. East of Denver, it's all flat until Pennsylvania.

Have fun and safe travels!
  • robs249_robs249_ Posts: 42
    Don't worry you wont see any snow here in NYC.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    She will in Missouri and Central Illinois where they just got hit with a huge blizzard. Drive carefully Erin.
  • evodadevodad Posts: 135
    Hard to tell from your pic, but if you end up taking 78 into NJ from PA, you'll be minutes from my house. I'll keep an eye out for a shiny 911 and wave
  • "The Porsche 911 Cab has had a dull day in Topeka while its driver is under the weather" ----

Well, at least we know you didn't vanish in the middle of nowhere. And I guess you couldn't resist putting the top down in the 12 degree weather :)
  • gilchygilchy Posts: 8
    Drove a 911 Cab from Palm Springs to Toronto last year with my Dad through Texas-> Louisiana, then North. Couldn't pick a better road trip car!