Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

The price of diesel makes this car an even better bargain.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• diondidiondi Posts: 71
    I think you may have misplaced a punctuation mark. Though that is a significant savings.
  • I have found that diesel doesn't fluctuate that much where I live, while gasoline is all over the board, sometimes higher, sometimes quite a bit lower. I'm comparing typically with 91 Octane, which we use on our other car a VW turbo. Overall, if diesel is within 10 cents either way of 91 octane, I'm happy. With the exception of last winter/early spring, that's been the case.

Plus, its liberating to not even think about how much fuel you have until the low fuel light comes on. Even then you have about 65 or so miles left according to the DTE guage, and according to the pump and tank capacity, probably 90-100 miles.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Posts: 151
    What the heck am I looking at? Gas is $3.36 at our Costco and Diesel is around $3.75.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Posts: 24
    you could allways apply for a gas credit card and buy as much as they will let you haul away and that you could store?
  • agentorangeagentorange Posts: 893
    Zim is dead on. Premium was nearly $4/gallon the other day in Las Vegas.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    I presume you meant $50.27 not $5,027 but that's still a significant savings for a weekend roadtrip. On the other hand, you're basing the comparison on spot prices at a gas station in the desert. Gas prices tend to be inflated at these locations as they cater to ordinary drivers who forgot to fill up in the last city. Diesel prices tend to be less inflated because they cater to a different market: professional long-haul truckers who could just as easily fill up 100 miles away AND WILL if it's $.20/gallon cheaper because that money comes straight out of their net pay.