Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

There performance features in our 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray are grouped together. I wish they weren't.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    When the C7 was first announced in January 2013, they stated that you would be able to customize the settings. It's my understanding that when GM did their captured test fleet testing in the Spring and Summer of 2013, it was determined that the customizations made the interface too confusing, and they backed out the feature. Hopefully in the future they will create an "Advanced" mode of the touch screen controls to turn on all the "confusing" stuff. Most tech-savvy people can handle it.
  • dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    It looks like adding the ability to customize the settings would not be difficult, given the unmarked scroll wheel pictured.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I think that is a very reasonable thing to ask for--with memory for, maybe two drivers' settings. Maybe even leave in absurd combinations like eco settings in track mode.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    not to mention most tracks benefit from very low body roll from chassis but very complient shocks and springs. just making everything super stiff does not actually make you pull mor G's or go faster around the track.
  • pakohotdogspakohotdogs Member Posts: 5
    This could simply be fixed via a firmware update, no?
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    also curious if re-starting the car means it goes back to the default Tour mode. that would also annoy the living heck out of me.
    @joner800: No, it stays in whatever mode it was in when turned off. The only thing that resets is the Rev Matching (for manual transmissions). It always turns off when you turn the car off. That's a pet peeve of mine.
  • saiheronsaiheron Member Posts: 1
    Pages 5-41 and 5-42 of the owner manual describe how to individually set the exhaust, steering, and suspension independently of the drive mode.
    @saiheron - We were talking about customizing the presets, or else having a custom preset, not turning individual settings on or off across all presets. For example, the ability to change the throttle or steering settings on Tour mode to the same setting