Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Infiniti JX35 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in INFINITI

image2013 Infiniti JX35 Long-Term Road Test

The Infiniti JX crossover is about as close as you can get to the convenience of driving a minivan.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• huisjhuisj Member Posts: 1
    How closely related is this thing to the Quest? Wasn't the Quest kind of the crossover of minivans because of the setup of the interior?
  • majordudemajordude Member Posts: 6
    Looks a lot like the inside of my quest. If you can find the long term review of the 2012 quest they did, you might find some pics.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Agreed that the JX is a unique solution among luxury brands. The MDX comes close but a bit smaller and less useful on the inside. But this packaging is hardly a revaluation. Everything from the Explorer to the Lambdas to the CX-9 are similarly useful minivan alternatives. They just don't stack up in terms of luxury and features. I've posted here several times that the luxury brands are going to take notice of the JX. Most families who are driving in an X5 or Q7 or GL or Escalade or LX or QX would be better served by a CUV or minivan. With the JX they now have a CUV that really meets all luxury expectations. I'm seeing them all over the place so buyers are clearly taking notice. Luxury brands have shied away from the minivan segment mostly out of fear of what it would do to their brand image. But I think they can safely develop CUVs with an FWD/AWD platform and all the packaging benefits without tarnishing their brands.
  • zman24_zman24_ Member Posts: 10
    This looks very close to our Quest SE. We like the Quest better precisely for the convenience of the sliding doors and the greater cargo capacity when carrying 5 - 7 passengers. Between the two, I'd take the Quest every time.
  • lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    We currently have an Escalade Hybrid (yes, they make a Hybrid, LOL) and we are getting ready to buy a new car this fall. My wife really liked the JX (or soon to be QX) for the last few months. Then we saw that they were going to offer a Hybrid. My wife was sold when she saw that. Then she read all the horror stories of living with a CVT transmission and now she is pretty much against the JX. This weekend we saw a JX on display at the mall. We poked around it and she was unimpressed. Neither of us liked how the LCD screen sits atop the center stack. The screen was unreadable during noon sunlight (which it happened to be in the mall from skylights).

My wife is now really in love with the....I can't believe I am going to say this...the Buick Enclave! She drove an Acadia at the Barrett-Jackson auction and loved it. The Buick is better looking inside and out than the GMC Acadia. We're both shocked that we would consider a Buick. I mean seriously, grandparents drive those, and we are not grandparents, heck we only have a 6 month old. LOL

When (not if) the Enclave has a 0% for 72 finance deal, I'm pretty sure it will be replacing the Escalade in her garage.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.