Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

July Car Sales Are Best Since 2006

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageJuly Car Sales Are Best Since 2006

July car sales kicked off a strong start to the second half of 2013, with sales totaling 1.3 million vehicles for a 15.6 million SAAR, making the month the best July since 2006.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    I'd love to see the numbers after sales of light trucks have been filtered out.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I'm a firm believer in competition & how it benefits consumers with choice & innovation, but Nissan better get with it, or get out of the car business. Overall it's surprising just how small a market share BMW, Mazda, Subaru & others command. Of course, sales in Europe & Asia might be more robust.
  • blackdynamite3blackdynamite3 Member Posts: 5
    Fusion had a horrific month, regardless of the corporate spin, selling 10-15k less than the leading competitors, and falling well back into 4th place among family sedans. Camry, Accord and Altima are pulling away from Fusion. And fleet sales have been very high, so people aren't buying them as much as Ford would have you think.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    If gas price keep going up it will most likely put a dampener on truck sales which we should have learn from history.
    Now if we can get more of those auto jobs make in the USA.
  • smudge12smudge12 Member Posts: 19
    I remember an article on IL basically saying that Mazda is content with its share in the US. Their goal is to be profitable, but it's not by being a high-volume car manufacturer. Their strategy is to simply to make good cars that appeal to their defined market. They don't plan to be the be-all, end-all and I can respect that - Mazda's here to make quality products for a target audience while turning a profit.