Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top 10 Tech-Friendly Cars

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageTop 10 Tech-Friendly Cars

Edmunds.com presents 10 cars that are advancing in-cabin technology, including the Audi R8, Ford Focus Electric, Cadillac ATS and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    OK, so someone please explain the logic of the overall winner (A8) not winning its individual category (Best Luxury Sedan).
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Because they didn't want it to win twice?
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    "Cars... ...must get along with the personal electronics that are building this century." And why is this so? Any actual reasons or are we supposed to assume that it is a given? Listen, I'm all for technology, but there are places that it doesn't belong. Why don't airplane pilots just have a big touch screen instead of all those buttons and switches? Probably because they need easy, simple, and reliable access to their controls when people's lives are on the line. I'd venture to say that we should stick to that mantra as far as automobiles go. I'm happy with Bluetooth, wi-fi for the kids, and other technologies that help make life simpler and safer, but if the salesman told you when you went to buy your Ford (or other brands, not just picking on them) that you'd be pulling over, running around the car, praying to the sun god, and jumping back in to reset the audio controls; I don't think you'd say that this is a "vehicle that make(s) a more valiant effort to cope with the new tech reality than others" or some similar crap. In fact, the only way I could see someone saying that is if a couple of expletives were inserted along with an overly sarcastic tone... The tech can be good, but if the concept is flawed, count me as uninterested.
  • pc123456pc123456 Member Posts: 9
    The only tech I care about is
    1) autonomous stop-go cruise control
    2) autonomous steering systems like caddy's upcoming Supercruise and volvo's traffic jam assist.

the rest is just fluff. Seems edmunds is getting out of touch.