Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster gets a lot of attention -- especially from people who can afford it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    If you like attention, what you really need is an older, modified jeep. I know you've got a newer one but an older model with nothing less than 37 inch tires will work much better. This way you get the jeep wave about twelve times a day, as well as the "eco-fist" of Prius drivers that disapprove. As an added bonus, people (just guys actually) come talk to you at every gas station, which you'll visit a lot considering the mpg. You're welcome.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    oh no! They thought you were loaded and gave you the "Hey, you are rich like me" nod. That shouldn't be given to mere mortals.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    You could also ride a motorcycle and get the same thing, or even better, a wave.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I like it when I come across another Miata and get the "I understand you can be a straight male and still appreciate the greatness that is the Miata" headlight flash.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Notice a common thread through the story and the comments: GUYS react to the car you're driving. It's much less common that women do. Lots of guys out there believe that driving a certain car will help them "get the chicks". They're probably putting their resources in the wrong place. I saw this all the time when I drove my M3 convertible topless. Guys shouted out to me or gave me thumbs-up in parking lots and at stop lights while women never looked twice. On the other hand, when my WIFE drove that car on a hot day (hot meaning she's in a sports bra and the car is topless) she couldn't go more than 2 or 3 stoplights without someone asking her out.
  • Options
    wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    maybe, women don't react to other people's cars because they're too distracted talking on their cell phones! LOL
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @darthbimmer. Does your wife have a cute, single sister? ;) All I've got with my XKR as I was getting into it one day was a girl that stopped and said, "Oh, that's yours" in a slightly disappointed tone. I guess she was hoping for somebody young