Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Alcantara heats up in our long-term 2012 Jaguar XF Supercharged.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Posts: 0
    Hmmm, usually that term referrs to something alluring, but not as used here. Except that Alcantara is grippy and doesn't get too hot or cold (alluring). But smelling like a used gym sock is quite a different sensation.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Posts: 827
    Overused saying of the year goes to.... "Je ne sais quoi"! (standing ovation, whistling and applause). But seriously, my first language is French, and I think I've heard this saying in that tongue maybe twice, as opposed to the countless times in English. Also, since this a "British" car, why not use our imaginations and come up with something like; "Blooody hell, the smell in this car is completely mental! I wonder if its coming from the boot..." Oh wait, that doesn't sound so posh.
  • miedenmieden Posts: 75
    60/40 distilled water, white vinegar mix. Spritz it from a spray bottle on the affected Alcantara, brush lightly with soft-bristle brush, let evaporate in sealed cabin. Porsche puts that **** on their steering wheels and they start to smell like sweaty hats pretty quickly.
    Tip: if you dont use distilled water, smell comes right back...