Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Alcantara heats up in our long-term 2012 Jaguar XF Supercharged.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Hmmm, usually that term referrs to something alluring, but not as used here. Except that Alcantara is grippy and doesn't get too hot or cold (alluring). But smelling like a used gym sock is quite a different sensation.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Overused saying of the year goes to.... "Je ne sais quoi"! (standing ovation, whistling and applause). But seriously, my first language is French, and I think I've heard this saying in that tongue maybe twice, as opposed to the countless times in English. Also, since this a "British" car, why not use our imaginations and come up with something like; "Blooody hell, the smell in this car is completely mental! I wonder if its coming from the boot..." Oh wait, that doesn't sound so posh.
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    60/40 distilled water, white vinegar mix. Spritz it from a spray bottle on the affected Alcantara, brush lightly with soft-bristle brush, let evaporate in sealed cabin. Porsche puts that **** on their steering wheels and they start to smell like sweaty hats pretty quickly.
    Tip: if you dont use distilled water, smell comes right back...