Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Top 9 Most Fuel-Efficient Trucks for 2014

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited September 2014 in General

imageTop 9 Most Fuel-Efficient Trucks for 2014

Trucks are known for offering haul-anything utility. These 9 picks are the most fuel-efficient.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• pommahpommah Posts: 71
    This is pathetic. The best mileage on a pickup you can buy in 2014 is just over 20mpg? You could do better than this with a mini-truck in 1980. It's because today's mini-truck is the size of what used to be a full size back then. I understand that there are tougher safety and emission regs now, but cars have far surpassed what cars got mileage-wise back then.

First company to come out with a right-sized pickup powered by a 1.6 to 2.0 liter turbodiesel is going to make a killing
  • Unfortunately they only included gasoline engines in this list, for whatever reason. I still don't understand the point of making a list of the most fuel efficient trucks and then purposely leaving out the most fuel efficient ones.
  • tdragonrtdragonr Posts: 2
    I wonder how the new Colorado/Canyon turbodiesels will compare.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    Isn't this just a list of ALL trucks, ranked by fuel economy? There's no way the Titan should be on a "most fuel efficient" list.
  • Interesting article - The lead story shows the Tacoma with what 'appears' some good fuel economy numbers - but that's the 4CYL, 2WD, 5 Speed. Once you get into to what most buyers get @ 4x4, V6, Auto, as from the article "The V6/automatic 4WD returns 17 mpg combined (16/19). And unless you have No head wind, properly inflated tires and egg shells under your right foot, you're lucky to get those numbers! The Toyota Tacoma while a very decent truck needs "direct Injection" maybe cylinder deactivation, and something more then a dated 5-speed auto to improve this horrid MPG in the year 2014! Hopefully the 2015 Tacoma will have some serious MPG improvements? I won't speak for the other manufac since I don't own one, but I hear the Frontier same/similar as Tacoma for MPG!
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Posts: 143
    They just listed the base model numbers for all the trucks on the market. I like how they also show pictures of much nicer models that would never hit the numbers they post.