Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Feds Question Recall Fix in GM Vehicles, Including 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

imageFeds Question Recall Fix in GM Vehicles, Including 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco

NHTSA is questioning the adequacy of a recall of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco and 2012-'13 Buick Regal and LaCrosse eAssist vehicles for generator control module fires.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Hmmm! Never received a recall notice, which was sent in June. I bought the car on the last day of May, so I may not have been in their database by then. Car was in dealership in February, and presumably was tested. Car was later recalled for another issue, possible defective wiring under the driver's seat. Dealer took care of that (I hope) at no charge. Am I a skeptic? Yes. I had a 2007 Chevrolet Impala where the rear tires slanted to the point where they wore on the inside and a car behind me followed me until he could tell me about it. There WAS a recall (I received no notice), but only for police cars of that same model. I had previously replaced the tires for that problem, but was not made aware of the defect. I was told they could not adjust the alignment, so the dealer told me he drilled holes somehow to allow alignment. Whatever they did didn't work because the tires were again wearing on the inside. Of course, the police cars were repaired. Their lives were presumably more important.