Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Cadillac ATS continues to demonstrate an ongoing, troubled relationship with Cadillac's CUE infotainment system

Read the full story here

Comments

• mikebothwellmikebothwell Member Posts: 2
    Chris, that is happening because the watches/warnings are happening in multiple counties in the area you live. They are actually different messages each time--and they should show up in full on the little display in the IC. That said, Cadillac should have just had one message to alert -- and then when you tap it -- it shows the affected counties. Just my opinion.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I'm just going to sit here waiting for some to say "Did you get the update, mine works so much better after the update" for the 5th time. Let's not forget that the primary goal of technology is to make our lives easier, not the opposite.
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    I think you're supposed to view it. lol
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @mikebothwell. I reckon that is bang on. NWS sends these alerts out and they give you EVERY chance to view them. That way nobody can moan that they did not know.
  • camincamin Member Posts: 2
    That's not non-responsiveness. It's responding. You just have multiple identical advisories queued up. I have a 2013 ATS and find that if there is a weather advisory, the head unit receives multiple identical messages and shows each one. You have to dismiss each of them.

It's a bug and very frustrating, no doubt. I've actually turned the feature off because of the annoyance factor. But it has nothing to do with the responsiveness of the screen.