Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes E-Class Sedan, Wagon To Debut at 2013 Detroit Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes E-Class Sedan, Wagon To Debut at 2013 Detroit Auto Show

Mercedes will unveil a more efficient and safety-conscious 2014 E-Class sedan and wagon at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• cambino123cambino123 Member Posts: 1
    Very G37 ish from the side profile
  • thekingpinthekingpin Member Posts: 2
    OK I am out- this site in unbearable.
  • jactonjacton Member Posts: 1
    Underwhelmed by its over styled exterior. MBs of late have become so goofy with their styling that they are beging to look cheap. They are not elegant or aspirational in any way IMO.
  • streetmoney21streetmoney21 Member Posts: 7
    Just when you thought the styling could not get any worst they come out with this car. I think i will stick with my W211 AMG
  • dagmar3dagmar3 Member Posts: 8
    I guess the current diesel's 700+ mile highway cruising range is just not enough, and it must be too powerful, also. So the market has demanded that Mercedes dial that beast back to 2.1 liters.
  • jasarmourjasarmour Member Posts: 1
    It puts the diesel in the wagon or else it gets the hose again.
  • mustang5507mustang5507 Member Posts: 2
    I don't know that I like the idea of a 4-cylinder Bluetec in this car. Audi claims 5.5 sec 0-60 and 36 mpg hwy in the A8 TDI...I'm sure Mercedes could have done some nice things with the old 3.0. Oh well...
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    This new blog format sucks...Can't enlarge the pics to see the details. Major fail Edmunds!!!
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    This new blog format sucks...Can't enlarge the pics to see the details. Major fail Edmunds!!!
  • bestjinjobestjinjo Member Posts: 7
    How do you take an automotive focused website and turn it into a cookie cutter MSN Autos/CNET style amatuer one? Replace InsideLine with Edmunds! Even CNET is way better now due to their new YouTube car show "CNET on Cars" with Brian Cooley.

I seriously don't know what Edmunds' management was thinking.

Here is an idea from a tech website:

http://www.anandtech.com/

1) Have all the major car news and related articles on the front page.
    2) The Orange banner is where you can segregate by car types (Trucks, convertibles, sedans, coupes, etc.)
    3) There is a news feed column on the right with blogs.
    4) You have access to a forum section for members at the top.

You can literally copy a similar format and have everything at the finger tips.

Or here is another one for inspiration:
    http://www.techspot.com/

Take a look at those tech websites and how they present the information. You can have a lot of information car articles, car news and pictures and press releases at the top. InsideLine started this very well. Edmunds website is outdated, from the 90s. Too difficult to follow, too hard to find anything useful. It needs a FULL overhaul.
  • bestjinjobestjinjo Member Posts: 7
    Here is another website that would work well for combining InsideLine + Edmunds:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/

Notice at the top banner you have Categories and Car Brands? Well there you can put fit the entire Edmunds categories from the homepage.

Take Edmunds section called Browse by Make and that's your Car Brands. The Categories section is your SUV, Sedan, Truck, Convertible, Coupe, etc. section from www.edmunds.com (right at the top).

The rest of the page with pictures and car news can be directly from INSIDELINE.

This way you actually combine both Insideline news, car articles directly on the front page, and the top banner with Car Brands, and Models would be the Edmunds.com areas. It would seamlessly blend.
  • chrisducati1chrisducati1 Member Posts: 1
    The e550 has a 4.6 liter turbo v8; not a 5.5
  • ferrari4meferrari4me Member Posts: 0
    Why oh why is it that Inside Line had to die?

Is it really necessary that this become the automotive equal of New Coke?

Here is a partial list of things I would rather do than read this wretched, generic and soulless new Edmunds content:

Engage Texas State Patrol in car chase and let large office Taser me in my Gentleman’s Region, or

Feed beans to my eleven year old Chihuahua, place dog on face, eat farts; and

Grab tool kit, box of steel scouring pads and perform overdue root canal on self.

Please have mercy on you declining audience, restore Inside Line and cease experimentation with mind altering substances and ill-advised editorial and format changes.

Thank you for fine work in past but this new stuff smells worse than above mentioned Chihuahua farts!
  • wagonsrulewagonsrule Member Posts: 1
    I never post comments but have to make an exception here. Is Edmunds really retiring InsideLine? If anything, it should be the other way around! Edmunds is fine for the non-enthusiast reader who wants help building a car and getting quotes. InsideLine on the other hand is a fantastic blog focused on the enthusiast crowd.

Reasons I like InsideLine include the following:
    1. Design
    2. Focused content with expert opinions
    3. Large and detailed photos
    4. Long-Term Road Tests with constant blog updates

I was also a fan of the now defunct AutoObserver.com; another focused and well written site that Edmunds killed. Edmunds.com has always been a difficult site to navigate with bland content. This is very disappointing.
  • joe_scatonejoe_scatone Member Posts: 1
    Looks like a refresh to me not an all new model.
  • jellin96jellin96 Member Posts: 1
    Why is it impossible to get a 250 BlueTec Wagon? C'mon MB!
  • pdog2pdog2 Member Posts: 5
    I must be getting old. That e class wagon is the ugliest thing i have seen from mercedez. And is it just me but are they all starting to look ugly except the g wagon ?
    I must be getting old. That e class wagon is the ugliest thing i have seen from mercedez. And is it just me but are they all starting to look ugly except the g wagon ?
    Is that a Huandai or a kia ?
  • financeman2financeman2 Member Posts: 5
    This car might drive great....but its sooooo unattractive. What was MB thinking. BMW must be elated by this new design.