Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Checking the cargo space on the Edmunds.com's long-term road test of the 2013 Ford Focus ST.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• rjettrjett Member Posts: 24
    Any thoughts about putting one of those cat-back systems on the ST? I've heard it sounds really good stock. Does it even need the upgrade?
  • mlavoiemlavoie Member Posts: 8
    Awww, for a second there I thought you guys were going to test Magnaflow's ST cat back system.

I love the way my ST sounds, but what we hear is mostly intake sound, thanks to that sound symposer device. The exhaust is extremely quiet. A little bit too much to my liking even.

Im wondering if their kits add decent depth to the sound without sounding annoying when cruising.
    @mlavoie This is exactly what I want to know. I'm very interested in this car, and a cat-back system is probably the first thing I would do to it if purchased. But I don't want a system that has an overpowering drone at cruising speeds.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Tests I've seen indicate no power increase with a cat-back. I would do the reflash and an intake - that's where the gains are. I have no interest in paying $800 for something to make the car sound "better."
    @fordson1 I completely agree. I was unaware that there were no power gains. I guess this means the stock ST exhaust system is actually quite good. Considering this, I would set my sights on the reflash and intake as well.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    There's no gains to be had from a catback exhaust because there's a giant snail in the way after the header (which is where any gains would be had)... beyond that, a catback consists of tubes and mufflers, so you wouldn't expect much in the way of power increases.
  • stunthuntstunthunt Member Posts: 5
    If the ST came only as a sedan, I wouldn't own one.