Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

I stuffed a bunch of old pink carpeting and padding in our long-term 2014 Chevrolet Silverado's short bed. And the bed light came in handy.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    a successful Silverado story. Nice that there is a local option to recycle, too. normally that would be a dump run.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Your local carpet recycler. LOL, good old California. Here in the Chicago area it is hard to find anyplace to recycle anything except plastic and metal.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    +1 bankerdanny only in such a barbaric land would you find such a business, I wonder how they stay afloat?--------------------------------- Once again the short bed worked for now but the long bed will always be the better choice.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    +1 hybris. Ordering this with the short bed to keep it merely big instead of getting the long bed and making it slightly bigger...I don't get the point.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @fordson Edmunds wants the 4 door cab because sadly that was what people are buying so I can't fault them for that. But unless they want just the extended cab with the long bed their only hope is a 3/4 ton crew cab long bed and even those are plagued by p
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I didn't mean that as a criticism, though I can see how it reads that way. I am often bothered by how difficult it is to recycle electronics and chemicals in Illinois.
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ hybris: The recycler, Carpet Solutions, seemed to be doing brisk business when we arrived... lots of staff on-hand. Undoubtedly, most of their business comes from corporate carpet donors: http://carpetsolutions.com/