Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

I pulled into the gas station just west of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to top off our long-term Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster. I had just driven the supercar north several hundred miles from Los Angeles for the famed Monterey Car Weekend and I had stretched its gas tank as far as it would go.

Read the full story here

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    So I'll be honest, I'd never actually heard of this Tucker. So I did some research and turns out that its a really interesting part of automotive history. Thanks for bringing it up! You realize that when he showed such interest in the SLS, you should have offered him a test drive, while you follow in his car. All from the goodness of your heart of course.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    they made a movie about tucker... can't remember the name of it...
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Sadly I bet the components of the Tucker are more reliable.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    shame on you for not getting that photo!
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    No complaints? You were about to take the hide off of the M-B service department over the 3 abortive top-repair attempts, plus all the issues the car has had with the electrical system, plus now the seat is loose...now you're telling this guy what a great car it is - ? Maybe you DO think it's great, but c'mon - the guy specifically asked you about what the car was like day to day.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Oldham, I have to agree with fordson1. Maybe you were waxing eloquent since you found a new rich friend that day, but the SLS has given you guys nothing but issues, is the least reliable vehicle in your entire fleet right now, and you have NO COMPLAINTS?