Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Our new Mercedes-Benz CLA250 is the entry-level model in the brand's lineup and it definitely feels like it was tuned for younger buyers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Actually, the A-Class comes with two different states of suspension tune in Europe: Comfort and Sport. MBUSA decided to bring only the Sport setup over for the American market. I have not driven a US-spec CLA, but the German A-Class with the sport suspension I drove was exceptionally firm. Over good to moderate pavement it felt great, but things got very harsh over broken pavement. I have heard similar things about the CLA. I will be interested to hear your opinions.
  • Any impressions on torque steer, etc?

I have been curious about the overall comparison/impression to a lower-trim C series driving the other wheels. A lot of the CLA's at our local dealer had a lot of options, making the price difference negligible. My impression from what I've read is that they are targeting a younger client with the CLA, but the C series used to be the "starter" Mercedes.