Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Our new Mercedes-Benz CLA250 is the entry-level model in the brand's lineup and it definitely feels like it was tuned for younger buyers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    Actually, the A-Class comes with two different states of suspension tune in Europe: Comfort and Sport. MBUSA decided to bring only the Sport setup over for the American market. I have not driven a US-spec CLA, but the German A-Class with the sport suspension I drove was exceptionally firm. Over good to moderate pavement it felt great, but things got very harsh over broken pavement. I have heard similar things about the CLA. I will be interested to hear your opinions.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Any impressions on torque steer, etc?

I have been curious about the overall comparison/impression to a lower-trim C series driving the other wheels. A lot of the CLA's at our local dealer had a lot of options, making the price difference negligible. My impression from what I've read is that they are targeting a younger client with the CLA, but the C series used to be the "starter" Mercedes.