Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

When you've got the key to a $100,000 supercar like our long-term 2013 Tesla Model S, sitting on your couch and watching television shouldn't be a concern.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    I am sure quite a few people reading this might imagine you were driving this commando or just in underwear....
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I hope you were wearing something! Is it possible to turn off the display of the center screen? I would think having a screen that big blazing away at night would be distracting.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    You better plug in the car before this post gets flooded with 50 replies.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    You foolish tool of the oil industry! How dare you blatantly attempt to deceive the public about this miracle car's amazing abilities by running it uphill and decreasing the range below the ideal, then having the audacity to declare that "real world"? Such blasphemy against the great Prophet Elon shall not be tolerated! Someone needs to show you how to drive the car. If you were a real owner you'd only run it downhill to achieve the maximum possible range. Doing anything but that is clearly a deliberate attempt to put the company out of business through pure spite.
  • Options
    zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    throwback, I believe the center screen goes into "night mode" and is less distracting or not distracting at all. Travis, I would prefer driving, instead of watching television, too!
  • Options
    mayhemmmayhemm Member Posts: 6
    @throwback:

In addition to the aforementioned "night mode", you can crank down the brightness to a level you find acceptable.

As the screen is the control center for the car, I don't believe you can turn it completely off, however.