Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    This should be how all phone-pairing is. Interestingly, I had a similar experience in the rental Equinox I'm driving around in for a couple days. All I had to do on my phone was click "connect" and it was ready to go. I was making a call within seconds. If this is the future, bring it on.
  • Fanboy.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    Just a general comment on the Equinox. Other than decent visibility (for an SUV), bluetooth pairing ease, and a well-damped ride, this vehicle is lousy. Underpowered, inefficient, infuriating transmission (constantly gear hunting, and a nearly eternal pause during shifts followed by a hard engagement of the next gear), and a "hood open" warning every five seconds despite the hood being firmly latched. I know that has nothing to do with the Beetle, but I wanted to follow up.