Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Cadillac ATS.

Read the full story here

Comments

• oachalonoachalon Member Posts: 12
    With Cue people either Love it or Hate it. I have had my ATS since July and at first I did not like it, but now i Love it.

I can easily access everything and its plenty fast for me. 90% of the time i can use the steering wheel controls. The other 5% i can use voice commands, and maybe the other 5% i actually have to touch something on the center console.

For some people it takes time to get used to and at edmunds where you are constantly bouncing between cars you might not like it. I am used to it and love it and don't miss any knobs at all.

I also love how clean it looks not having knobs.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Good point. It has to be frustrating to bounce car to car. Owners will get used to the interfaces and instinctively know what to do, just so long as that interface is working properly. Even on my older cars with steering wheel controls for the stereo, I use them more than the dash controls, since I don't have to take my hands from the wheel or my eyes from the road.
  • amaciejewskiamaciejewski Member Posts: 5
    But if Porsche made something similar it would be like... the greatest thing ever!
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    A lot of the functions for the A/C and radio are only accessible via the touchscreen on my Jag and it does drive me nuts some days. Knobs and buttons FTW.
  • mikebothwellmikebothwell Member Posts: 2
    Have you guys had the update performed yet? I have a '13 ATS 3.6 and, so far, CUE was the only irritation I had with the car. That said, when I had the Caddy in for the LOF, the dealer performed an "upgrade" to the software. IMO, this transformed the CUE. The lag is now just about gone--the voice command works 10 times better and-- since they also "updated" the touch panel below the screen, I find myself angrily poking at the thing much less. Overall, I am happy with the system now...other than the constant fingerprint cleaning required on the entire thing. Overall, I love my ATS and will prob upgrade to the forthcoming V--CUE or not.
  • nicadnicad Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like an $800 item when 1 aspect of it fails. new cars leave me COLD