Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe is equipped with the $2,900 Technology package, which includes a 12-speaker Infinity stereo.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Fast & Furious with Pitbull? I bet that stereo sounds way better with all the brightwork Plastidipped and a big wing on the back, Travis.
  • Hey, everybody has their own preferences. While your music choices are fine, Travis; can I just say that your personality in these posts just seems so different than your appearance (as seen in the latest video). For whatever reason, I tend to create someone's appearance in my mind based on their writing persona. I just didn't imagine you would have such an awesome beard, among other things. I also thought you would be taller...
  • so from this review i gather that the amp and the speakers are of good quality but it could benefit from an aftermarket equalizer to get the most out of the hardware. great job hyundai considering most OEM "premium" audio systems are rediculous in price and still sound like they could be thrown in the trash and replaced with very economical audio equipment and sound way better. Infinitiy speakers are good stuff but i'm wondering exactly which model is used in this car considering they have a very wide selection of models to choose from. but even the least expensive infinity speakers are great quality they don't make junk like some other audio companies.
  • kevm14kevm14 Posts: 423
    I would like to see the audio reviews that Edmunds used to do back in the day. Unless they still do and I missed it. I have to disagree with bassrockerx about factory premium systems. There certainly are some pretty lame systems but even in the 90s there were quality premium systems available. One such system is the optional BOSE in the 4th gen Maxima (95-99). I inherited my parents old 96 Maxima SE which has this BOSE system. They bought the car in 99 and the stereo STILL sounds as good as it did then, with 234k on the car. That's actually amazing, partly because I assume it uses some sort of paper composite driver (proving they don't all rot out), and the BOSE amp-in-speaker electronics had some known issues. But seriously this is just a simple 6 speaker system (6-3/4" drivers front and rear, and tweeters on the A-pillars) and it's got good imaging, broadband frequency response and distortion-free power. I've always been impressed with it and the fact that it still works perfectly is even better. What I've found overall is that you really can't generalize. For example, there are plenty of mediocre BOSE car systems (perhaps as a function of the OEM's audio budget). It also depends on the kind of car. Higher end cars will have higher end audio. It was probably only very recently that a Honda Civic, for example, was available with factory audio that didn't totally suck (assuming they've finally fixed that).
  • @kevm14 i was more commenting on the fact that oems charge one to several thousand dollars for the premium audio and they go on and on in the discription about how there is no better system on the market and it uses premium brand speakers and they really