Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

Comments

• adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    My Focus SEL uses LED lighting that changes to red in the door handle when opened.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    For curiosity's sake, what other cars had this feature? I would just look through myself, but I don't have the time right now.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I thought it was a standard safety item--wouldn't have noticed them unless they jumped out and bit me any more than a middle brake light. I found them on all my (average) cars from 2000 onward, some with lights in them.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    The use of a reflector instead of a puddle lamp actually seems more like a cost-cutting measure than a feature.
  • roiscubaroiscuba Member Posts: 4
    My wife's '99 Pontiac Grand Am has reflectors in the door like that.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    They all have reflectors or lights. So how is this "unique"?
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Just wondering why is this a big deal? I can understand in a urban situation it can be useful but checking your mirror before opening the door and only opening it the bare minimum to get out should be standard procedure for people living in such conditions.----------- Of course I wouldn't be surprised that doing that much is too much for a lot of people. WALL OF TEXT MUST BE TERMINATED!
  • tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    @fordson1 - No, they don't. I had two handfuls of keys to long-term cars and cars we had in for testing at the time, and less than half the cars I checked had this feature. @hybris - It's not a big deal. It's a small thing, added to many other small thing
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I remember when courtesy lights in the doors were common. My Mom's Oldsmobile in the 90's had clear lights in the door under the armrest that lit the ground when the door was opened and a separate red light on the back of the armrest as a warning to other cars that the door is open. Even Ford and Chevy pickup trucks used to have this feature. I think that even the current Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Hyundai Sonata have lights in the front doors.