Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

There's one thing a Porsche 911 can do that a Chevy Corvette, Porsche Cayman, Mercedes SLS, Mercedes SL, McLaren MP4-12C, any new Lamborghini and even a Nissan 370Z cannot: Take my kids to a ball game.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I could not agree more. Even though they're tiny, they are there and can be used in a pinch. Not everyone who buys a 911 is a bachelor. I've said for a long time, why not put 4 seats in a 'Vette? Not four doors, just two small seats behind where that space sits empty. Make it an option if you want, but the door would be opened for A LOT more buyers. Does GM ever read this site??
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Exactomundo. The actual usability and accessibility of this car are HUGE reasons why it remains so popular to dad's like me.

Carp all you want about how small the backseats in the 911 are... and they are small... but they do allow those of us whose kids aren't too big and not too small to enjoy our passion with us.

Plus the damned things drive so well.
  • bryan__tbryan__t Member Posts: 23
    I have always loved the 911 and think they are such fascinating cars, but I don't consider the base models to be supercars. The GT2 and GT3 are different beasts altogether, but the more common models are simply excellent sports cars, as they should be.

Then again, I also think that the price differential between a 911 and a Vette should be $10-15k, rather than $40k+, but nobody asked me...
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    Not only are they handy for hauling extra (small) people when needed it is also nice to have a place besides the passenger seat to set things like an umbrella, a briefcase or anything else you want quick access to.