Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

For Toyota Owners: Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Settlement

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

imageFor Toyota Owners: Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Settlement

Here's what the settlement of the Toyota unintended acceleration class-action lawsuit means for current and former owners of Toyota vehicles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• retredretred Member Posts: 3
    I had a 2004 Toyota Camry Solara that is on the list of subject vehicles this auto experienced SUA on August 17, 2009 and was totaled by my insurance co. The settlement is effective for 2004 Toyota Camry Solara's incurring losses beginning in September of 2009? Unaware of thousands of other Toyotas having SUA incidents I purchased a 2007 Toyota Camry Solara that has performed well and is on the list but is not included in the Brake Override System or noted in the compensation money for eligible current owner of these vehicles. Can some one tell me why the Toyota Camry Solara is not on the Brake Override System list.
  • hannadavishannadavis Member Posts: 1
    In the unintended acceleration lawsuit leveled by 29 state attorneys general against Toyota Motor Corp. that suggested that the car maker intentionally covered up knowledge of defective accelerator pedals, Toyota has decided to a settlement. The Japanese automaker will pay $29 million to settle all claims, while confessing no wrongdoing. You can check cardealexpert.com to know more about how to find used car that you love.
  • big2krushbig2krush Member Posts: 1
    So what will they give people like my mom who they totally screwed over lied and gave the run around for months when she was in here accident which ended up taking the live of someone. They gave us the run around saying they couldn't read the black box cause it was in china and there only one and no one knew how to do it. Then to come find out they had 4. Next they said because the readings didn't show she stepped on the breaks the case was dismissed. The car was totaled she was in rehab for 3 months due to this accident. I still think they covered this all up.
  • mikeyc77mikeyc77 Member Posts: 1
    June 29, 2019. My 1999 Tacoma Pick-Up just experienced Unintended Acceleration at the same spot where it happened previously about 3 years ago. Please note; on a Tacoma, the pedals do not contact the floorboard/floormats at all. Unintended acceleration has occurred on this pick-up probably 5-7 times.
  • SC60631SC60631 Member Posts: 1
    What about the people whose vehicles were hit by one of these faulty vehicles? My car was totaled by an 07 Camry 2 days ago.