Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Frontier competion coming soon ?? or NOT ??

rvirgrvirg Member Posts: 2
someone know anything about this. seems like Toy hasnt changed the tacoma since 99 when the 3.4L came out - now its almost 03 and it will have been 2 yrs since Nissan did the longbed option .. I like Toyota, but isnt it time for a change in 03. Ive heard lots of info of the 4runner changing around in Sept - even fromt he car show people in town --- but no one says anything about Tacoma - they're based on the same chassis.. so, do you think they're keeping this a mystery ? I need a long bed/compact truck w/4drs... it seems like a nice combo - sure be nice to have the redesigned truck soon .... OOOOHHHh please Toyota.
I dont want to buy a Fronteir.... on the inside they are nice - from the outside they look like plastic recycle bins. ! ahhh.

Comments

• frey44frey44 Member Posts: 230
    Buy a Tundra...

;-)
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    "I need a long bed/compact truck w/4drs... "

I didn't know the Tundra came with a longbed. Does it?
  • eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    Of a long bed. The crew-cab long bed is 74.6" or roughly the same length as a normal (or king) cab short bed.

For a crew-cab smaller truck, it is the longest available bed.
    -Eric
  • natureboy1natureboy1 Member Posts: 55
    Has actually been around since 1995 1/2...

You might be thinking of the Toyota Double Cab which came around in 2001... It still has the same 190 horse 3.4 V6...
This discussion has been closed.