Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited has a navigation system, but the database can't find the correct route to my parents' place.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    All maps contain errors. In remote areas the data may not be updated very frequently, so changes in roads and access may not be reflected. Mistakes can be made, too. Then there's the small category of deliberate errors. It's an old trick amongst map-makers to include a phony street or feature in each page. That way, if another map is published with the same error, the original map-maker knows he's been copied. One of the wire services ran an article recently about how even official planning maps in major cities contained such copy-bombs for decades.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I feel differently about maps. Although I would rather use a GPS, a good quality map has NEVER failed me, especially in rural areas where I can quickly tell what roads are viable and which ones are hunting/private trails (fire road 43, for example, should not be taken in a sedan). It also helps to use up to date maps, instead of the ten year old ones many keep in the glove box or door pocket.